Data Analytics for Poultry and Swine Industries - Full Program (Levels 1, 2 and 3)
Full Program (Levels 1, 2 and 3)
Full Program (Levels 1, 2 and 3) starts on March 14th 2022 / Price: us$ 600
About this course
The swine and poultry industries generate enormous amount of information. This could be used to register historical series or as a data base to generate information to improve the results and plan future developments.
Analytical thinking sets the foundation for proper decision making. This process should consider the identification of the problem, the appropriate data collection, the statistical or analytical analysis, the interpretation and communication of the results, and the proper decision making.
The course uses practical examples from the industry and real data shared by some of the main integrations of the world. Utilizes JMP, R and Tableau software with poultry and swine examples. Opens the opportunity for customized data analytic projects. It is a blended course, with self-paced interactive modules and virtual sessions with NC State professors and experts invited from different companies. After completion and evaluation, the Course offers an Extension Certificate in Data Analytics for Poultry and Swine Industries.
The program includes the following topics divided in 3 levels:
- Overview of analytics and potential benefits
- Statistical thinking and problem solving I
- Identifying potential root causes
- Software for data visualization and analytics
- Data visualization and graphics
- Compiling and Collecting Data
- Exploratory data analysis
- Data preparation for analysis
- Decision making with data
- Hypothesis Testing for Continuous Data
- Sample Size and Power
- Statistical process control and quality control
- Correlation and regression to predict responses
- Design of Experiments
- Designing experiments to test factors
- Screening Experiments
- Introduction of predictive modelling
- Multiple Linear Regression Model
- Response Surface Regression
- Non-Linear Models
- Logistic Regression
- Generalized Regression
- Model Comparison and Selection
- Decision Trees
- Neural Networks & Clustering
- Text Mining
- Introduction to Machine Learning
Using this link, you can access a demo of the module on Statistical Thinking and Problem Solving
Director & Instructor: Dr. Edgar O. Oviedo Rondon.
Oviedo’s Lab Team: Maria Camila Alfaro and Gustavo Adolfo Quintana.
Instructional Design: Federico Etcheverry
$100 discount for Poultry or Swine Integrator Companies or Agricultural companies from the State of North Carolina. To access to this discount, write a mail to Dr. Edgar Oviedo: firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting on March 14th until May 30th
32 self-paced and on demand interactive modules
- Available online and offline (Anpro Campus app)
- Multiple supports: desktop or mobile platforms
- Multimedia content
Virtual sessions with NC State professors and invited experts.
Support by the Experts
Final Exam for Certification